Monday, May 19, 2008

dear mr. volkswagon.

i love your cars, and despise them all at the same time.
yes. it is true, i can love and hate you.
happy monday morning to me...
there i was 7:25 am.. stranded at the intersection of Sunset and Fairfax Blvd.
wow. that was fun!
it amazes me how many people don't pay attention when they drive.
you don't REALLY realize it until your sitting still in the middle of a hundred fast moving cars all around you. you suddenly feel helpless watching every car not realize that you cant move, and praying that they DO realize before they slam into the back of you, while trying to adjust the stereo, drink the hot coffee at hand, talk on the phone, all while fixing their hair in the rear view mirror.
luckily my silver volkswagon decided to take a nap while the light was red, meaning i wasn't in the MIDDLE of the intersection. just sitting at the light. Every other car around me doesn't understand why I'm not going through the light that is now GREEN?? they are clueless.. honking at me reminding me "hey, the light is green.. GO!'
i was in awe. amazed. at the 7:35 am los angeles drivers.
not to mention, i guess growing up in the south everyone is always more then willing to help out someone in need. a helping hand goes a long way.
i find my self a self sufficient gal with southern morals... living in a big city world.
makes me tough!
i wasn't amazed, but a bit surprised at the number of people who offered a lending hand during the 35 min nap my car decided to take.... a whoppin... 1.!!!
who might i add, decided to throw in the fact that i was "hott" after i told him thank you but i was ok, a tow was on the way... thanks for offering your help just because I'm attractive to you. :)
finally mr. tow truck man found me as if it for some reason was EXTREMELY hard for him to find such a popular intersection, perhaps I was his first tow for the day, in his hungover state of mind.
i finally make it to the car hospital.. (where this same silver volkswagon of mine had just visited last week!)
20 mins. they doctor her up.. and shes ready to go!
i can truly tell you, there is never a dull moment in my life.
happy monday. )

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my....that sounds like a situation that would cause me to completely lose my mind. Kudos for surviving :)

Anonymous said...

Hahaha you are cute.

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for being proud of him!

Good luck with the school stuff! I will definitely be looking forward to updates on what you decide to do. I know you'll knock 'em dead :)

OK Chick said...

Oh man what a rotten way to start your morning. I'm sorry. Hopefully, the rest of your day got better!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had car troubles, especially on a MONDAY morning. I hope your car is running again.
Grandaddy is moving to another part of the hospital for long term care where he go for breathing and PT.
Love,
MOM

Unknown said...

VW's SUCK!
you rock.
i love you.
(and your mom, she's so cute!)

About Me

My photo
los angeles, california, United States
loving bride to a handsome groom. anxious mamma to a beautiful creation. photography goddess. internet nerd. sister. daughter. lover. peacemaker. earth lover. dream seeker. music listener. painter. snow queen.

Followers

Blog Archive